2023 IRA National Championship
The IRA will celebrate the 120th anniversary of the National Championship Regatta at Mercer Lake, West Windsor, NJ from Friday, June 2, 2023 through Sunday, June 4, 2023. The Championships will be co-hosted by the Princeton National Rowing Association (PNRA).
FINISH LINE TENTS WILL GO ON SALE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17
AT 12PM (EASTERN)
All tents also include; 25 chairs, two tables and 25 admission tickets. Admission tickets will be provided to coaches upon check-in on Wednesday. Tickets will not be mailed or held on-site, tickets must be distributed by each program prior to Friday morning.
Please note; pop-up tents are not permitted to be setup along the finish line or in the wooded area approaching the finish. Park Rangers will ask these to be removed.
Opening Times for Trailer Parking and Practice: The regatta site at Mercer Lake will not open for trailer parking until 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 31, 2023. The course will open for practice 12:00 noon on the same day. The course will close at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday evening.
Some Important Reminders
1. Eligibility for the 2023 Regatta: All institutions, teams and student-athletes seeking to participate in the 2023 IRA Regatta must satisfy the eligibility requirements set forth in the IRA Constitution, IRA Eligibility Regulations, and Operating Bylaws. These eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The team officially shall have been accorded varsity status by the institution’s president or chancellor or committee responsible for intercollegiate athletics;
- The team is administered by the department of intercollegiate athletics;
- The eligibility of student-athletes participating on the team shall be reviewed and certified by a staff member designated by the institution’s president or chancellor or committee responsible for intercollegiate athletics policy; and
- The staff members responsible for the certification shall be the same staff members that are responsible for certifying eligibility for the institution’s other intercollegiate varsity programs.
2. Annual Dues: Institutions seeking to participate in the 2023 IRA Regatta must be current dues-paying members of the IRA.
3. Qualification/Selection for the 2023 Regatta: All teams participating in the 2023 IRA Regatta will be selected by the appropriate selection committee and in accordance with established selection criteria