2022 IRA National Championship
The 119th IRA Championships Regatta will be held at Mercer Lake, West Windsor, NJ from Friday, June 3, 2022 through Sunday, June 5, 2022. The Championships will be co-hosted by the Princeton National Rowing Association (PNRA).
Please check back as additional information will be added closer to the event!
Opening Times for Trailer Parking and Practice: The regatta site at Mercer Lake will open for trailer parking until 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1, 2022. The course will open for practice 12:00 noon on the same day. The course will close at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday evening.
Some Important Reminders
1. Eligibility for the 2022 Regatta: All institutions, teams and student-athletes seeking to participate in the 2022 IRA Regatta must satisfy the eligibility requirements set forth in the IRA Constitution, IRA Eligibility Regulations, and Operating Bylaws. These eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- a. The team officially shall have been accorded varsity status by the institution’s president or chancellor or committee responsible for intercollegiate athletics;
- b. The team is administered by the department of intercollegiate athletics;
- c. The eligibility of student-athletes participating on the team shall be reviewed and certified by a staff member designated by the institution’s president or chancellor or committee responsible for intercollegiate athletics policy; and
- d. The staff members responsible for the certification shall be the same staff members that are responsible for certifying eligibility for the institution’s other intercollegiate varsity programs.
2. Annual Dues: Institutions seeking to participate in the 2022 IRA Regatta must be current dues-paying members of the IRA.
3. Qualification/Selection for the 2022 Regatta: All teams participating in the 2022 IRA Regatta will be selected by the appropriate selection committee and in accordance with established selection criteria